question

wolfbanearies avatar image
wolfbanearies asked

Generator input to two Multiplus 48/3000/35 units running split phase

I'm currently running two Multiplus 48/3000/35 inverters set up for split phase. My question is about connecting my generator (Honda 3000iu, 120v). Can the generator be hooked up to both inverters? When the generator is running and the inverter is in pass-through mode, does the second inverter still give 60hz 180? In other words will my 240v appliances run properly with the generator connected to both inverters? Or do I connect the generator to one inverter only, in which case does the second inverter give 60hz 180 relative to the generator power passing through the first unit?

Multiplus-IIGeneratorsplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The Multis will reject incoming AC power if it is in phase to both units when configured for split phase 120/240.

You can turn off "switch as group" in the Multi configuration then connect power to just one Multi. That multi will pass through power to it's output and to it's charger while the other runs in inverting mode. The result is split phase power on the outputs.

You could also put an autotransformer on the output of the generator to make split phase power from a single leg and feed that to the Multis.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.