question

gator6 avatar image
gator6 asked

MultiPlus 24/3000/70 not recognizing/charging shore power

I’m a bit fuzzy on the details, but long story short the inverter is NOT charging the batteries, nor is it supplying power to the RV.

Yesterday, while I was flushing tanks, my wife told me the system was “beeping…had done it like six times”. Now, at this point we were at a campground, hooked up to 50 amps. I checked the pole no tripped breakers, the surge protector showed normal power, no tripped breakers inside RV, but the batteries were discharging, and I was not getting the “mains on” light illuminated. We had to pack up and move on to the next spot, a boondock overnight.

During the drive, I’d check how the MPPT was charging the batteries when we’d stop for restroom breaks. The charger works fine, we had left around 74% and when we arrived at our overnight we were at 97%. I figured I’d run the generator in the morning to top off the batteries and left some fans running all night, and, of course, work up to low voltage alarms. I started the generator, and nothing… we have power (120v) coming from the generator, but not cooking out of the inverter and not going to the batteries.

I shut everything down and waited about 2 minutes before reconnecting the array and bringing the generator back on then switching the inverter on, but nothing…no “mains on”, no “ac in” showing on my GXCC.

It seems as if a switch inside the MultiPlus has tripped, but I do not know how to check it or reset it. A tic-bit of info I do have to go on is our Starlink reset itself, and the only way to do that is to cycle power to it three times. This confirms what my wife said about the power cycling itself, but I’m not sure what caused it or why my inverter is not allowing power to pass through.

Thanks in advance!

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton commented ·
There is probably a breaker in the RV that feeds the AC in of the Multi.

If you are no completely comfortable testing 120V AC and you cant find the breaker in the RV you will need to get a qualified person to check if AC is reaching the input terminals.

If you have AC on the Multi an it isn't recognising it there may be a problem with the multi.

There is an ignore AC setting in the multi but I do not know what you would and would not see, with respect to information or activity, with that turned on. I do know that you don't want it set thought.

I am assuming you haven't recently made any settings changes so I doubt its the ignore thing but thought it worth mentioning.

Hope you sort it,

Al

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers