question

jeepster avatar image
jeepster asked

Help wiring batteries for victron pheonix 3000 - 24 volt

hi all, going to start wiring the inverter to batteries next weekend, victron manual recommends a 250a fuse to protect the inverter, ive got this, i am going to wire 2 lithium io batteries in series, these are 12.8v 100amp, eventually i will have 4 batteries wired 2s 2p. Should i have a fuse close to the battery positive terminal on the positive from the last battery to the inverter, or should i give both batteries their own fuse. If so what size, and whats the best way to protect the four batteries when that configuration is in place, i think i am going to get the lynx distributor as well, but i assume the batteries will need a fuse each

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

I would put a cutoff switch behind both seriell strings and from there go to one fuse.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The fuses are not for protecting the batteries or inverter. The fuses are there to protect the cables from lighting on fire.
You should choose a fuse according to the size of the wiring that you choose to use. The Phoenix manual has a section on choosing cable sizes depending upon your own scenario.

The fuse should be placed close to the batteries so that it can protect the cable downstream of it.
Group your batteries together and then have a fuse close to the whole bank.

2 |3000

jeepster avatar image
jeepster answered ·

hi, ive decided to buy the fuses that connect to the battery post, the cable size is 50mm2 as specified in the inverter manual

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Then you'll need a single fuse for each string.

But best follow @WKirby recommendations for bringing the strings together. And this will require a third fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources