semlohnhoj asked

Can the Multi RS Solar operate in Battery Priority Mode

What I'm after is operating the Multi RS Solar as follows:

1) Use batteries first then grid if batteries are flat

2) supplement the inverter output with grid under high load

3) charge batteries with solar when available

4) Charge batteries from grid between certain hours at night

5) NO grid feed in

If the Multi RS Solar won't do this, should I be using the MultiPlus-II instead?

grid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If you open victron connect, choose demo library then select the RS solar you can see all it's capabilities as that is where it is managed from.

It does most of what you want but not schedules as it has a more basic list of ESS features.

For full control you're better off with a multi.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj commented ·

Thanks for the reply. I've tried in the demo section on the victron connect app but the Multi RS Solar isn't listed. Am I missing something?

The ESS mode options on the Multi RS Smart that is listed doesn't explain what they mean really. Do you know what "Optimised Without Battery Life" means? Also, if I use ESS will this be trying to feed sister energy back into the grid?

Sorry for all the questions, if you don't ask, you don't know though :)

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ semlohnhoj commented ·

the RS has the same 3 ESS modes as the rest. Optimised are self consumption modes (with or w/o batterylife, which automatically raises discharge minima based on daily solar performance).

As far as I am aware the RS does not feed-in.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic