question

gabriele-rossi avatar image
gabriele-rossi asked

Delkor hdc27 charging settings

Hi all, first time posting and fresh Victron user.

I have this delkor hdc27 batteries, 2S4P 24v system with an easysolar and smart shunt.

I rang the distributor for OZ but wasn't much help and the manual (https://sqlvac4as52kzepsec.blob.core.windows.net/.../delk...) is pretty general mentioning only lead acid calcium and not the specific model.

I've read that calcium batteries can get up to 16v charge for short periods of time, in fact they need more voltage than a standard lead battery to initiate some process and be fully charged avoiding sulfation in the long run.

The manual goes :

Charging Voltage 15.5V

Charging Current 25A

Float Charge 13.4V

And that is what I've set in my mppt (31V/25A/26.8V and 26.4V at shunt).

I'm monitoring the batteries, not much sun but the voltage is 30.50 in absorption and temperature is not rising, they in fact seem happy..

The rep at delkor said he reckons is a bit too much tho but he is not a solar expert so here I am asking you all, is it safe to have them topped up at 31v?

This is the last time I buy batteries that don't come with clear specs!

Thanks for your time.

Gab

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You will need to get the delkor hdc27 batteries charge specs and set the system to match those spec's

As a community we cant recommend a set of charge parameters as these are supplied by the battery manufacturer.

as genernal rule a lead acdid battery profile is max 28.8v but different brands and composition have different requirements.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gabriele-rossi answered ·

Yea I moved down to 29.4 as suggested for this batteries from another delkor user and will try to get better information from the hard to get manufacturer. Will eventually replace the lot very soon with more reliable branded ones. Thanks for your time replying

2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

delkor.png

You could use the figures highlighted?

Dunno who wrote the manual, very confusing.

delkor.png (185.9 KiB)
2 |3000

gabriele-rossi answered ·

Very confusing indeed..

I've set as you suggested and not gonna bother for now until i have direct confirmation from manufacturer, if they ever gonna reply to me.

About temp compensation, do I need to multiply that number by 6 cells (one battery), 12 cells (2 in series) or the whole bank?

Cheers

4 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
12 cells in series. -46.8mV/c
1 Like 1 ·
gabriele-rossi avatar image gabriele-rossi klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Cheers bud, suspected so.

As i suspect the charging amp cpuld be pushed to 50 amps not 25 correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ gabriele-rossi commented ·

10 - 20% of the batteries 20hr C rate. Delkor HDC27 are 100 AH @ 20hr C rate.

I have this delkor hdc27 batteries, 2S4P 24v system ??

4 parallel strings of 2 series batteries?

40 - 80a charge rate would seem appropriate.

1 Like 1 ·
gabriele-rossi avatar image gabriele-rossi klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
yes indeed, cheers bud have a lovely weekend
0 Likes 0 ·