question

moodlyd avatar image
moodlyd asked

Pylontech Lithium Battery setup with MPPT with VE.Can without VE Direct

I have a second inverter that I intend installing the Pylontech Lithium batteries

However, the bluesolar MPPT 150/85 charger does not have a VE direct port.

Is there a solution to connects via VE Can port to the CCGX such that it will work with the Pylontech?

So far all the information refers to connection via VE direct

MPPT ControllersLithium BatteryPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Pylontech runs at a CanBus speed of 500kbps, and the CanBus of your MPPT is 250kbps. You won’t be able to run both, best would be to swop the MPPT out to a model that supports Ve.direct

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

digima avatar image
digima answered ·

I use Pylontech US2000B linked to a Venus GX and Multi+II following the application note, requiring to use the given CAN batteriy to VE.Can cable.

The doc of your BlueSolar mention that you can connect it to ccgx/venusgx using CAN (use a termination resistor plug)

First, I advise you to check the CAN connectivity between BlueSolar alone and ccgx

It should appear in the device list.

Then check the Pylontech alone to ccgx connectivity via CAN, using the right CAN cable indicated on appnote.

It should appear in the device list.

If it is okay for both, now connect both to ccgx using with termination resistor plug to the 2 extremities.

Check that both appear in ccgx device list.

For the BlueSokar settings related to Pylontech, I advise you to refer to the voltages indicated ob the app note.

1 comment
2 |3000

digima avatar image digima commented ·

I forgot to mention that if the 2 canbus are not compatible, the Venus GX has 2 CAN bus, one isolated, accepting Pylontech, and there is a second CAN non-isolated that could perhaps permit to connect both.

0 Likes 0 ·
digima avatar image
digima answered ·

The bluesolar MPPT 150/85 is not listening to the BMS, you can’t use this model for proper integration with Pylontech

The application note indicates this clearly

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom#wiring_of_communication_cables

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Moodlyd,

Sorry to say there is no supported way. It may be possible using the allow to charge contacts and some other arrangement, but this is not tested, not recommended and not supported.

I go into a little bit of detail as to why this is the case in this other community questions about the same topic:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/7801/pylontech-us2000b-and-vecan-mppt.html

2 |3000