question

scraggs avatar image
scraggs asked

VRM AC output

Hi
Has anyone had this with VRM, when the AC inverter is going the AC output reading can become very erratic, I know the loads never go anywhere near 0, it appears to be the same either via online website or the mobile app.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Scraggs

I think we all experience this in some form, but your example is quite pronounced. It's usually caused by sampling times for each of the inputs not being taken exactly at the same moment, so if something's varying heavily the system can't balance the display. I can't speak for how this is handled, but you may find it useful to enable the 'Has DC System' slider in your GX, at least for testing. It will add in a DC System tile with a calculated figure, so that imbalance is quantified. Even if you have no DC loads/inputs.

This is an extract of my VRM widget of that for a period today. No DC loads, but the trace shows the imbalance. Shouldn't be anything showing, just like the background at either end, but the cause is a frequently-switching heated rug. And mismatched sampling times.

1663675691659.png

1663675691659.png (41.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

scraggs avatar image scraggs commented ·

Hi @JohnC
Thanks for that, I wondered if it may be some sort of lag.
Thanks also for the advice.

0 Likes 0 ·