question

Thomas Whittle avatar image
Thomas Whittle asked

2 x 100ah batteries. Charge Controller / Inverter considerations?

Hi,

I am a new to Solar power and have purchased some equipment and I'm trying to figure out the correct battery. I have brought 3 x 175W Victron panels, a phoenix 500/12 inverter and charge controller 150/35. I have also brought a 100ah Lithium Iron battery.

I want to know if I can buy a 2nd battery and connect them in parallel to get 200ah at 12v.

Is there anything I need to consider? Will the charge controller and inverter support this?

Many Thanks,

Tom

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi @Thomas Whittle based on what you have described your installation should support multiple batteries in parallel (double check your battery manual) without the need to reconfigure anything.

You will probably benefit from adding two bus bars to connect the batteries to and will need to make sure you use the same cable type, size, and length for both batteries with seperate fuses for each battery (these should be installed as close to the battery as possible). You should also double check all of your cabling and fuses are appropriate for the maximum power draw.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic