question

pirpy avatar image
pirpy asked

solar edge pv inverter on vrm online portal

Hello

I have three phase multiplus 2 setup, and solar edge 16 SE photovoltaic inverter, is it possible to shov production of my solar in vrm online portal, the setup for photovoltaic inverter finds nothing.

thank you

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@pirpy

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:gx_solaredge

You can also install Power Meter ET340 at the output of your SE and connect it to your GX device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pirpy avatar image
pirpy answered ·

Thank you I went for first option, but there is something wrong and I cannot figure out what, look at this readings..kaj-je-narobe.jpg

kaj-je-narobe.jpg (146.6 KiB)
11 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@pirpy

I do not understand.

You can see your PV inverter on the dashboard and it is producing 955W

0 Likes 0 ·
pirpy avatar image pirpy marekp commented ·
The number -898 on the grid is wrong, you see the details. on the grid, if you add the phases it is 56 W as it should be.

When the pv was 11kW the grid showed -15 kW and battery charging 4.7 kW ??

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp pirpy commented ·

@pirpy

What is used to measure the grid?

Also, what is your current question?

Originally you posted this question.

I have three phase multiplus 2 setup, and solar edge 16 SE photovoltaic inverter, is it possible to shov production of my solar in vrm online portal, the setup for photovoltaic inverter finds nothing.
0 Likes 0 ·
the grid was ok before I set up pv inverter .

if you look at the details, the inverters are still working as they should , the big number is wrong

and I cannot figure out why.

0 Likes 0 ·

@pirpy

What is used to measure the grid?

0 Likes 0 ·

The victron inverters set up as ess self use 50 W setpoint

0 Likes 0 ·
@pirpy

Internal CT is not very accurate and sometime they don't work.
it is better to use power meter like ET340 or EM24.

0 Likes 0 ·

look at the picture I posted, the grid square, the internal ct in inverters are showing -69,-65 and 191 now how that add's up to 898W ??

the internal ct are fine, I dont know how the big number 898W is calculated.???

0 Likes 0 ·

@pirpy

MP-II is notorious for having problems with CT jack. Sometimes internal CT is not working because of the CT jack fault.

For that reason the new MP-II design uses terminal block instead 3.5mm jack.

Install power meter for grid measurements or external CTs.

You can also ask someone to confirm that CT jack is not faulty.

0 Likes 0 ·

hear you and thank you for your time but please explain me how could be the internal CTs fault , from the details on the grid square you can see the CTs are showing correct value, the CTs are ok.

There is some math going on here, somethink is added to the grid when the pv inverter was introduced to the system. If I brake lan connection to the solaredge inverter the grid consumption is in sinc with the solar edge externa import/export meter.

Something must be configured wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·

@MarekP

Not all values shown on dashboard are measured. Some of them are calculated based on measured values. If measured data is wrong calculations are wrong too.

Try fixing the CT socket by plugging 3.5mm jack into it many times. (inverter must be off)

This method is sometimes successful in fixing this CT socket problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
pirpy avatar image
pirpy answered ·

I want a second opinion

wrong.jpg

the CT's are OK

wrong.jpg (140.8 KiB)
2 |3000