question

joshua-backwell avatar image
joshua-backwell asked

VRM Overview icon meanings

Hi all,

I've noticed that one of my installations is showing up with a different icon to the others, it should be the same in every way (except the smart shunt stopped working recently) does anyone know what the different icons mean? I've attached a screen shot to illustrate what I'm talking about.screenshot-20220918-000549-vrm2.jpg

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Joshua Backwell

Usually the battery icon means loads are being run off the battery - no solar or not enough solar input.

The generator means loads are being supported by the input source labelled as the generator.

You will get. A Sun one as well if loads are being covered by solar. As shown by these two .. I switch off the PV ON 1.6KVA

screenshot-20220917-163118.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joshua-backwell answered ·

Thanks, so that upside down battery looking thing is a generator icon? That's strange as there is no generator on any of my systems. I'll have to have a look into how its set up.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Joshua Backwell

Yeah, you will have to check what is set as your input on the inverter. Under system setup

screenshot-20220918-065715.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
joshua-backwell answered ·

It's strange as all my systems are DC only, no inverters, no grid, no generators.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
The inputs may be labelled as a generator on the gx. So check system setup tab on the gx and make sure they are set correctly.
1 Like 1 ·