question

datafunk avatar image
datafunk asked

No Bluetooth Menu after Upgrade from V2.87 to V2.90

Hello Victron Community,

after Upgrading from V2.87 to 2.90, the Bluetooth Menu is missing. I am using the internernal Cerbo GX Bluetooth device.

Menu shown at V2.87bluetooth1.png

Menu shown at V2.90

bluetooth2.png

Is there an issue with the internal Bluetooth driver or something other wrong?

How can I get back the Bluetooth divice in Firmware greater than V2.87?

Best regards!

Bluetooth
bluetooth1.png (13.6 KiB)
bluetooth2.png (13.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Yes, I'm disapointed with that but if you read the changelog, they tell you it's to reduce the interference with the wifi and you'll now need an external bluetooth device to communicate with your bluetooth devices/sensors.

Personally, I'd rather be able to choose to enable it or not.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

datafunk avatar image
datafunk answered ·

Hello ponzoa, thanks a lot for the quick answer!

Better I should have read the changelog. I am using the Cerbo GX with cabled LAN connection, so the interference has not been any issue. It would be very nice to enable this option in later releases!

What type of external Bluetooth device is compatible with the Cerbo GX.

I think not all devices and manufactors are supported. (had this issue with the RS485 USB dongle)

Best regards!

2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·
2 |3000