question

Elimac avatar image
Elimac asked

Firmware for Multiplus uC 2612 - Below and up version 450

I have a one year Multiplus 24/3000/16-70 (large uC, 2612) with firmware version 423. I have just bought a second similar Multiplus with the intention to set them in parallel. The second unit came with version 430.

To set them in parallel, I will have to upgrade at least one of them to same version. But I tought "While I am at it, I might as well upgrade both to latest version".

So, now I stumbled on the doubt of what is the difference between firmware versions below and up number 450, as it seems there is a separation in the Changelog table.

I have search on the document:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf

but I couldn't see any reference to any difference in groups of versions inside the same family (4xx in this case).

Addittionaly, on Victron donwload page there are available both 433 and 459.

So, in the end, what is the right firmware for me? 433 or 459 and why are them both on site as the current versions?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Elimac, 459 is the latest current version.

We need to remove that separation in the change log. The background is that, for a while, 45x was only made available to the MultiPlus-II.

Not any more; since a few weeks all is equal again; better.

Ps. Thanks for all your answers & helping others here!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

Thanks a lot for the clarification! Will try to build my first parallel system soon, with less fear now :)

0 Likes 0 ·