question

chris-leight avatar image
chris-leight asked

RV-C Pinout on VE.CAN port.

Hello,

Working on setting up Cerbo GX to interface with Garnett SeeLevel II via the RV-C protocol and running into an issue where when connected the VE.CAN bus configure screen just flashed until the can connection is removed.

Can someone confirm if all 4 pins are required per the documentation I found for VE.CAN ?

Pin 3: Ground

Pin 6: net V+

Pin 7: Can High

Pin 8: Can Low

VE.Can
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

triphius avatar image triphius commented ·
I am seeing the same thing trying to connect to my coach’s Firefly system via RV-C as well. I’m hoping someone has an idea!
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Chris Leight @triphius

Pin 3, 7 and 8 on the VE.Can side, omit pin 6. For a full description on wiring RV-C to VE.Can please see: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/rv-c-support.html#UUID-42f536b9-6641-fcf5-cbf7-7451d4825f3c

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chris-leight avatar image chris-leight commented ·
Stefanie,

Thank you for the information provided. This article/document must have been updated very recently as I have read everything regarding RV-C in that article several times over the past 2 weeks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ chris-leight commented ·

Glad it helped.
I think Victron is trying everything to keep the documentation up to date with such a big release. RV-C was only recently added to the manual with the release of Venus 2.90.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic