question

william avatar image
william asked

Multiplus firmware number

We have Multiplus 24/3000/70. VEConfigure shows the version as 2612206, but the label on the chip shows 2612152. Which version do I really have? (I want to upgrade the firmware).

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lenny avatar image Lenny commented ·

The number on the label is original. The firmware version now, is the one in VE Config.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

william avatar image
william answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff). Thanks, but that doesn't tell me how to identify which version I have, unless I have missed something. But both numbers say that I have a version xxxx2xx, and that link says that I can upgrade to xxxx4xx, so my question is really irrelevant. Denise Streunding (Service and Repair) has suggested that I can upgrade to 2612431, so I will do that. Unless you see any problems.

Thanks.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

26 - family number, your has a "Big PIC"

12 - relates to the model MultiPlus 24/3000/70-16

431 - firmware version, this is the latest.

Your MultPlus can be upgraded to 2612431

7 comments
2 |3000

microbit avatar image microbit commented ·

Hello everyone,

Martijn from Service and Repair wrote to me:

You are using a very old version of the MultiPlus firmware. Please update. The latest update for your 2514465. If after updating you still have problems please let me know

Family 25? Where do I find this to make an update? Martijn does not answer my question by email.

Too bad!

greetings, microBit

===============================

ID : MultiPlus 24/5000/120-100

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ microbit commented ·

Hi @microBit,

The firmware update procedure (including firmware file links for each family) is described when following the steps here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

It may be that your didn't receive instructions from service dept, as it is noted at the top of that page in very large bold letters, firmware updates are not intended to be performed by end users. Please contact a trained Victron professional (ideally your dealer) to support you.

0 Likes 0 ·
microbit avatar image microbit Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

nice try :)

That does NOT answer my question.
Where can I find the Hardware Family 25?

A "trained Victron professional" gave me the reference < F/W 2514465 > and nobody can tell me where to find it?

Wow, I didn't expect that.

Greetings, microBit

0 Likes 0 ·
1570801736009.png (19.7 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ microbit commented ·

Hi, Guy is most likely sleeping by now, so let me help: I can't imagine the product you have is family 25. More likely its 26. Check the on the label on the product.

0 Likes 0 ·
microbit avatar image microbit mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ah, OK, I get it. Then I need F/W 2614465.

Too bad that Martijn didn't want to answer my question by eMail.
---

Isn't it useful, and of course much safer, to use a database, that, after entering the serial number, suggests the correct F/W?

I do almost 1000 F/W updates per year on contract routers (I work in customer support for almost 17 years) and I've found the best way at Mikrotik. Take a look at this, it makes sense.

Dealers are often only sellers, they don't always know it reliably.

Thank you and greetings, microBit

0 Likes 0 ·
1570828144099.png (25.1 KiB)
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ microbit commented ·

Hi @microBit

Please note that nowadays, Victron Connect is the preferred way to update ve.bus firmware, and you don't need to manually select firmware, the correct firmware is automatically included.

https://docs.victronenergy.com/victronconnect-vebus.html#firmware-updates

0 Likes 0 ·
microbit avatar image microbit Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Ahhh, perfect, I didn't know that. That makes an update much easier. THANKS for the tip.

Greetings

0 Likes 0 ·
william avatar image
william answered ·

@WKirby Yes, I understand the parsing of the version number. Thanks for the confirmation that I can upgrade.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I have the exact same MultiPlus. As I was typing that reply it reminded me that I am still on 430.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sten avatar image
Sten answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Sten avatar image Sten commented ·

Oh did'nt see mvader were linking to the same file, but it is realy explaning how to find your firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·