question

thanar avatar image
thanar asked

Really simple Multiplus II installation: How to zero grid feed-in?

Hello,

I am in the process of building a small ESS system for my house. I have three-phase power, but I want to start slow, feeding just some critical loads; There is no solar at the moment.

I will be installing a 3s3p solar array, connected to a SmartSolar charge controller, feeding a couple of Pylontechs and a Multiplus II 5kW. ALL loads will be connected on the "critical loads" output of the inverter. The Multiplus will be connected to the grid, in case the battery runs out, or for the rare case there's excess demand. I want absolutely zero feed-in back to the grid. I will not be adding any more hardware at this time. Two additional Multipluses will be added later, along with a Cerbo, but not right now.

I am trying to understand what I need to do in order to be sure that there is no backfeed to the grid using the aforementioned configuration. Does the Multiplus also outputs from the AC-in, on not?

Thanx.

feed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

By default there is no feed-in, you need to enable it.

Going 3phase, you will need more than a couple of batteries.

Please follow the guidance at:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thanar avatar image thanar commented ·

Thanx for the reply;
So, if I understand correctly, by default the Multiplus II will NEVER output through the AC-in port, UNLESS configured for feed in?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ thanar commented ·
@thanar

Sometimes there are short negatives shown on the system.

There is an artefact in design explained here.

But in normal systems (without inverters) there is back emf anyway from various things anyway such as pumps switching off.

It is technically not what is considered generated energy feedback in both cases.

But the system is not told to feedback does not do so.

2 Likes 2 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic