question

rjduval avatar image
rjduval asked

How many Bluetooth Dongles?

I just bought a Smartsolar 100/30 and a 500amp Smartshunt and installed in my motorhome. They both of course have Bluetooth built in.

Problem is they are inside a metal compartment so inside the motorhome I have about a 2 foot range from the compartment. So I bought 1 of the VE.Direct Bluetooth dongles and have it plugged into the shunt and run outside the metal compartment to the inside the motorhome and it works great, for the shunt.

Do I need a 2nd dongle for the charge controller or is there a way to network them together locally (inside the same compartment) and be able to access them both from the 1 dongle?

Also, the cord on the dongle is short, is there an extension?

Thanks in advance

Rick from Ontario, Canada.

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthew avatar image
Matthew answered ·

Hi Rick. You would need to purchase a second Bluetooth dongle. Unfortunately there is no way to network both devices together on the same Bluetooth dongle. As for the VE.Direct extension to the Bluetooth dongle, unfortunately Victron does not make one currently. There have been discussions of this, but nothing yet released ( https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/7496/would-you-buy-a-vedirect-extension-cable.html ). Thank you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic