question

nurf avatar image
nurf asked

Victron integration into the SMA World

Hi all,

I have a full-blown SMA Eco-System with a solar inverter, the heat pump can talk natively to the home manager and I also have a working power monitoring for devices like dish washer, washing machine and so on ...

The only missing and upcoming piece is a battery. However the SMA product portfolio does not offer me a suitable battery inverter. So my prefered choice will be a Quattro 48V 10kW or 15kW.

There are some "limited" ways to integrate the SMA inverter into the Victron system to control charging etc. However I would be more interested in the other way round, as I am using the SMA tools to monitor my home (with devices listed above).

The plan

I would like to create something like a Battery-Emulator tool, allowing to map non-SMA-compatible battery systems into the SMA world.

I checked the tool SBFspot and it has a large SMA protocol code base already though currently only allowing to "read" - whereas my idea would be to create/write the corresponding data.

Some details still need to be worked out, but it is very likely I am going to write a standalone tool, but also something that integrates natively with the Victron/Venus world.

Feedback

Did anyone try this before? There are some posts in this forum, as well as in some other solar forums about this kind of mapping.

Any recommendations about other OpenSource projects that support the SMA-Protocol, so I can take a look at the code base as well.

Any kind of feedback appreciated.

Best,

nurF

victroncommunication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic