question

thomaslederer avatar image
thomaslederer asked

Installation of a 3 Phase Quattro System with CerboGx and MPPT - What do install first?

Hi,

I am planning to install a 3 Phase ESs System with 3 Victron Quattros (one per phase), 2 MPPTs and Pylontech batteries (US3000C). Basically it is this system: https://www.victronenergy.de/upload/documents/3-Phase-Quattro-system-with-Cerbo-GX-Touch-50-BYD-LVL-Smart-solar-MPPT's.pdf

but with pylontech instead of BYD and with no generator as a first step, so just the grid input.

After researching and doing the online courses of Victron, everything is fine so far, but there are two major questions remaining:

1. After mounting everything, shall be the first step to setup and start the mppts or shall be the first step to install and setup the 3 Quattros
  2. When you open the model, it can be seen that the Central Negative Busbar is grounded. As it is in a house installation, I can use the ground of the house here? So basically this would be the ground also comming with the Grid Phases (L1, L2, L3, N and PE) ?

1662727395839.png

Thanks for any help

BG

Thomas

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSPylontech3 phase
1662727395839.png (26.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

this is the order that i would follow:

mount all parts, and install the wiring leaving all breakers open, and the battery isolated. Double check all wiring.

commission the batteries - note these may need a keep alive signal from the cerbo,

turn on the inverters and program these.

turn on the PV / mppt's

turn on the load output breaker

turn on the AC in to the inverters.

Yes you should bond the inverter chassis and the battery negative bus to the house ground to achieve the equipotential bonding and ground return.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomaslederer avatar image
thomaslederer answered ·

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for the perfect answer. I´ll do so as you described.

Many greetings.

Thomas

2 |3000