question

Jasbir Rathor avatar image
Jasbir Rathor asked

Battery Balancer for

Hello Everyone , I am wondering that Is it a good idea to have a battery balancer for lithium batteries on 48 volts system ? Thank you very much in advance.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jasbir Rathor

If you are referring the Victron balancer, it is not designed for 48V systems.

If you have a 48V pack this should have one integrated internally as cell balancing is essential.

If you are talking about balancing 48V batteries then wiring is the best way to make sure each has equal charge and discharge currents.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jasbir Rathor avatar image Jasbir Rathor commented ·

Thank you Very much.

0 Likes 0 ·
love2learn avatar image
love2learn answered ·

How is this balancer not designed for 48v systems? Victron's own webpage on it says "A 48V battery bank can be balanced with three Battery Balancers."

Also, there is a Victron-provided wiring diagram for 48v systems

1673468872229.png

1673468872229.png (372.0 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Love2Learn

You are most correct. I did not think about use of the mutliple balancers on a 48v systen using 12v batteries. OP does not say they are 12v batteries being used in a 48V system however.

@Jasbir Rathor please review.

You did not mention what voltage your individual batteries actually are, however if they are 48v each individual then the origional answer about the balancer is correct, it cannot be used.

-1 Like -1 ·
love2learn avatar image love2learn Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Apologies if I came across the wrong way. You are right that this of course would not work on, say, the 48v server rack batteries that are increasing in popularity these days.

Thank you Alex!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jasbir Rathor avatar image Jasbir Rathor Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Alexander @Love2Learn ,

Thank you very much for the detail answered. Sorry for the confusion in my part that the question I had asked. I have lithium two sets of 48 Volts batteries. Each set has four 12 volts 300 amps. I made sure that each cable connection to the batteries and each connection from the batteries to the Lynx Power In are equal. Also I will make sure that all the batteries are fully charged before the system goes into the operation. System should be ready to go in a week or so. Thank you to all again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources