question

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates asked

CCGX VE.Direct Ferrite Bead?

I have an older CCGX which requires multiple ferrite beads for EMI compliance. My manual indicates "For class B EMI compliance, place the provided snap-on ferrite beads around every connection cable." The diagram then shows ferrite beads on every cable other than VE.Direct, USB, and Relay.

The later manual, indicates for the older model, "For serial numbers HQ1654 and earlier, mount the snap-on ferrite beads as below:", and the diagram is the same as above.

Can anyone confirm whether ferrite beads are required on the VE.Direct cable (and/or Relay)?

Thanks,

Allan.

CCGX Color Controlinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Charlie Johnson avatar image
Charlie Johnson answered ·

@Allan Yates Ferrites are installed on data carrying cables to reduce/eliminate common mode interference. and resulting data corruption. VE.Direct uses digital data so ferrite chokes will probably help and certainly will not hurt the CCGX VE.Direct connections.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates answered ·

I don't see these ferrite cores on the Victron price list. From the manufacturer on the item, Fair-Rite, and the inside diameter, I have narrowed them down to the following. Anybody know which is the OEM part?

1555903166507.png (133.4 KiB)
1555903221248.png (1.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

ant avatar image ant commented ·

Does anyone know the specs of the ferrite beads for the Venus? I've lost mine and would like to replace them

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic