question

anothervw-nutjob avatar image
anothervw-nutjob asked

Can anyone explain what my van solar panel system is doing? See the attached photo & thanks in advance

5d4f70fe-8de1-4294-a785-f5bf3ede8615.png

Solar Panelvoltagefloat
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

Looking at the Pmax values, the SmartSolar is getting next to nothing from the panel. I'd check all the connections and make sure the panel is not covered in dirt from the road.

What is the Pmax of the panel?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

On the days it isn’t working, your PV isn’t generating sufficient voltage to start the charger - V bat +6V.

So either shading, poor light or bad/loose connections and wiring.

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

13W max power isn't much and 10Wh per day is near to nothing. I would say, your system is doing nothing worth mentioning.

2 |3000

anothervw-nutjob avatar image
anothervw-nutjob answered ·

Morning guys and thanks for taking the time to respond. I have checked the voltages at the MC4 connectors and they are consistent with the measured voltage at the controller and what the controller App displays.

It was working fine and one weekend camping the output seemed to stop?

The panels have been cleaned and there isn’t any obvious signs of damage or delamination on the panels?

It’s officially a mystery but I don’t want to buy a new panel until I’m sure I need one.

Thanks again.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Please post a screenshot of your battery and charging settings
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic