question

queenofscotts avatar image
queenofscotts asked

Charge/Load disconnect wire needed to connect Smart BMS 12/200 to Multiplus

I am an employee at a Victron distributor. I asked a question to our contact at Victron and he suggested that I publish his answer here.

Question: So as I understand it for connecting the Smart BMS 12/200 charge disconnect to the original Multiplus 3000 you can't just use a regular wire, you have to use the inverting cable that Victron supplies? (PN ASS030550120) I'm trying to undertand why this is and what is the function of this "inverting" cable versus a regular old pair of tinned copper wires? Also, when connecting the Smart Battery Protect load disconnect terminal to the BMS 12/200 can you use just a regular wire for that, or must you use a similar special wire? The manual for both devices do not specify a wire gauge, so I assume I just size it based on the 1 amp fuse and the wire length?

Answer:

Good community question!

Please share it All Posts - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

­Source current limit is 10mma – miniscule, 1A inline fuse – is fine to protect the 18guage to around 10’.

Yes, you can also purchase the non inverting for or invertering cables in E-Order for the connections to MPPT and/or Multi.

Smart BMS 12/200 (victronenergy.com)

Page8

1661814725209.png

Question: Is it required to use the inverting cable or are two regular wires going to work as well? For the Multi to BMS 12/200 charge disconnect.

Answer:

Please see this link, scroll down to

7. Appendix (victronenergy.com)

7.1 Appendix A

Schematic shows the connection.

For ATC (allow to charge) circumstances AND ATD (allow to discharge) circumstances, each has a cable going into the Mutliplus terminal (ATC and ATD).

Order both the

ASS030550200

Non-inverting remote on-off cable

And

ASS030550120

Inverting remote on-off cable.

Please see the schematic in manual 7. Appendix.

Multiplus-IIBMS
1661814725209.png (90.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers