question

fsling avatar image
fsling asked

Existing data from SmartShunt not showing on VRM through Venus Raspberry

Hi,

I recently attached my SmartShunt to a Raspberry running the latest Venus. The SmartShunt also has the latest firmware. I bought and used a victron cable. I was expecting to be able to view the existing data gathered over the last few days of discharge/charge cycles. However, while I can see the data from when I connected the cable, no other data is showing. Do I need to do something manually to sync with the existing data on the shunt? I can see the data on the SmartShunt through the iOS app.

Thanks in advance.

Venus OSSmartShuntRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

The data is not stored in the SmartShunt.

But rather it is stored in the GX device, then transferred to the VRM.

Only data after you installed the VE direct-usb cable will be available.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fsling avatar image fsling commented ·
If the data is not stored on the SmartShunt, where was it coming from before I had a GX device and cable? I could view that data using the ios app when connected to the SmartShunt via bluetooth, and I still can.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ fsling commented ·
Data for Victron Connect is stored in the Bluetooth buffer (memory). This is not a accessible to the GX device.

I could be wrong though.

0 Likes 0 ·