question

sydasssy avatar image
sydasssy asked

Load Disconnect before switching off Fischer Panda

Hi Everyone,
I have in my system on a boat a fischer panda interfaced through icontrol/xcontrol to the Cerbo GX and 3 units of quattro 5000/24, along with other parts not interesting for this query.

everything works fine; manual start, manual stop, auto start/stop, without any issue.

currently, when auto start initiates, or even manual starts, the load is delayed to the quattro for some seconds, which is very good for the genrator, as it allows it to heat a bit.

my problem is when switching off; when auto stop or manual stop of generator is executed through the CGX, sudden shut down of the generator is happening, with all the load of the quattro on it, which is damaging the generator.

my question is, are there any way to program the quattros and/or the CGX to disconnect the load of the quattro first and then delay the shut down of the genrator? so it allows it to run load free for some second to cool down before shutting down?

i assume ths problem will be also available on any brand of generator not specific to fischer panda like my case.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@SyDasssy ...This is a fundamental problem I think with the Auto gen start program of the cerbogx. We do install auto starts but that problem worries me. It would be nice if the Quattro could be told to disconnect from generator power and then the Stop command is sent a couple of minutes later. Much more gentle on the genset.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@SyDasssy @Trevor Bird

It should already be possible to do this by sending the gen start/stop signal through the Quattro. Both the start and stop delays could be customized with Assistants, using the IgnoreAC function.

1 Like 1 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird JohnC ♦ commented ·
Thanks @JohnC …. I will look into that feature.
0 Likes 0 ·