question

djkarau avatar image
djkarau asked

How to configure Aux1 and Aux2 on Multiplus II 24/3000 2 x 120v?

I have a DIY 14.4kwh LiFePO4 battery with an Electrodacus BMS and Charge Controllers. The BMS is able to stop/start charging and stop/start discharging on Victron Inverters. The Multiplus II is the only Victron equipment in my setup other than a MK3 to connect to a computer/cellphone. I'm able to connect to VictronConnect but it doesn't have the ability to program Aux1 or 2 like VEConfigure 3 could. The VEConfigure3 doesn't seem to work with a MK3? What I'm I missing or do I need another $100 dongle to make this work?

Multiplus-IIMK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Disable virtual switch and then use the macros / assistants. You want the 2-wire BMS assistant (select it from the list). Add it and load/configure it. Default is Temp and Aux1 as you shouldn't use the temp sensor for adaptive charging on LFP batteries, but you can change the inputs to Aux1 and Aux2 if you want. Really easy to set up. Then upload the settings back to the Multiplus to activate the changes.

You need a MK3 USB interface and the VeConfig program on windows to configure it (or Veconfig and upload via VRM/Cerbo..

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djkarau avatar image djkarau commented ·
Where do I do this? Again all I have for hardware that is blue is the Multiplus II and the MK3.
0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Go to victronenergy , download the mk3 driver and the veconfigure program, install them, run them, connect to your device and configure it.

There are YT videos on how to install and use veconfigure

https://youtu.be/V1Zceq02vMA

2 comments
2 |3000

djkarau avatar image djkarau commented ·
I had everything else, except the MK3 driver! My computer would connect to the Multi with VictronConnect but not with VE Configure 3. Hopefully the driver will change this...thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
djkarau avatar image djkarau djkarau commented ·
Solved...the driver was all that was missing! Thanks for you help!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources