question

teloth avatar image
teloth asked

VRM Portal , after yesterdays outage , cannot log in on the phone " Invalid Credentials" , works in browser

VRM Portal , after yesterdays outage , cannot log in on the phone " Invalid Credentials" , works in browser.

I had one of the PC running VRM and this morning when I came to work , it was still connected and working.

Since the outage yesterday , I get " Invalid Credentials " message on the phone.

I tried it on a different browser on same PC , which had the login saved , and that one still worked.

Just as an experiment , I logged out from the second browser and tried to log back in , it now throws the " Invalid Credentials " as well.

I uninstalled the VRM app from Iphone , reinstalled , issue still persists.

Please fix.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Can you try doing a password reset?

Reset VRM password

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

teloth avatar image teloth commented ·
Hi Guy

Like I said , right now , even when I type this , I have access to it on a browser, so account details must be 100% correct in the system.

I am using exactly the same 100% credentials from day one .

I am scared to reset it and I lose access to it on at least the single one.

You probably have access to my login as well, if you try it perhaps , you will see what I mean.

If reset option is the one and ONLY optioon , I guess I have no other choice, hoping that it all goes smoothly.

Let me know.

1 Like 1 ·

I don't have any access to passwords.

I just logged out and am able to log in to my own account myself with my own credentials.

I am not sure what the issue for your specific situation is, and haven't heard any other similar reports yet.

I would go for the reset, we can't really escalate it further without trying that first.

0 Likes 0 ·
teloth avatar image teloth Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Guy

OK, I guess I have no other option, I will try it.

But , in the event and I guess worst case scenario , if I lose the total access to my account somehow , I won't be able to log in potentially to this community forum potentially either since it is linked to same login , to discuss further.

If that happens , how do I contact ?

Do you have my current login to test in a browser or phone etc. quickly to see if it will give you access to VRM?

You should be able to see also the port linked to my account is alive and feeding live data as I speak , because I can see it live on that single browser window.

0 Likes 0 ·

There is no link on our end between the community account and the VRM account, so no risk there, you will still be able to post on the community.

0 Likes 0 ·
teloth avatar image teloth Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Just read the comment regarding you dont have access to my login , it blended in first line under your title.

Can I send you my details and perhaps you can try?

0 Likes 0 ·
Try the reset first and we can go from there.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Guy

Thanks for replies and assistance.

OK, done reset and all good now.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Happy to hear it,

Thanks for the update.

0 Likes 0 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

I confirm this, was not able to use iphone app, but it started working again later.

2 |3000