question

ppr avatar image
ppr asked

VRM multiple device entries and Fronius two times

Hi
Anyone an idea why I have an analog tank sensor on vrm instance 20 sitting?
and furthermore my Fronius is as well on vrm instance 20. And two times. I have no idea why ...
Thank you

1661019634219.png

VRM
1661019634219.png (24.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi both,

The Fronius as well as Tank input being on ID aka VRM-instance 20 is not a problem. These instance numbers need to be unique per class of product (battery monitor, inverter, tanklevel, and so forth).

Its normal, and common, to see overlap.

With regards to the other reported issue, seeing the Fronius twice in the list, that looks indeed to be a bug in the visualisation in the Device list. I'll get that fixed, most likely will be soon; ie a few days, maybe a week. I don't expect there is any harm in that, other than seeing it twice in the Device list on VRM.

All the best, Matthijs

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ppr avatar image ppr commented ·
Many thank for the fact you take care of it.

I have a few other installations going on as well with Fronius - so in fact it is good for me to know that i looks more like a bug.
Other than that - If you say the VRM Instance needs to be unique, is it not necessary as well to have an other ID on the Fronius instead of sharing it with a tank level input?
You are the professional and I dont know for certin how those ID's beeing used exactly in the background.

I appreciate your help. Best Regards, patrik

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ppr commented ·
Hi Patrick, its no problem that the Fronius and the Tank input have VRM instance 20.

Don't worry about those instances: they are set automatically, not user configurable, and no problem. Thats the best I can say. ;o).

0 Likes 0 ·
ppr avatar image ppr mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you for the answer.

I am using the beta 24.

Do you plan it to patch that beta?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
n-dee avatar image
n-dee answered ·

Got my Symo two times as well... Maybe because it has two trackers?

1 comment
2 |3000

ok. very curious why that is the case.
0 Likes 0 ·
jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

This was already reported by me several weeks ago and was taken by Victron as a case.

Unfortunately, the problem wasn't solved when my CerboGX broke, now I'm waiting for a replacement but the summer vacations don't help speed up the process.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Jeanmarie

What was reported? The duplicate entries of the Fronius or the Duplicate entries of devices in the cerbo gx and furthermore reported to VRM ?
Should I open a victron case as well in this case?

0 Likes 0 ·
mondeoman avatar image
mondeoman answered ·

What an interesting coincidence.
I also have two duplicate entries of my Fronius Symo inverter.

duplicate-fronius.png

2 |3000

ppr avatar image
ppr answered ·

Possible that come Victron technician or Victron employee can take note of this issue?

2 |3000

jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

Yes my issue was the duplicate entry of a fronius inverter in device list in VRM,

At the time, @kevgermany ask for my VRM id and transfer the case to Victron who enabled remote access on my system.

Since then I have never heard of this problem, but as I said in the meantime, my CerboGX was in the group of CerboGX's that fail on power up and it broke, I guess then Victron no longer has access to this problem.

2 |3000

ppr avatar image
ppr answered ·

Interessting - it seems to be always id 20 - and in my case the fuel level sensor is as well on id 20

someone an idea how to open up a case with victron?

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
It's reported. Please add your VRM instance in the thread.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Confirmed as a bug, minor. Not sure when it will be fixed, sorry.
0 Likes 0 ·