question

rijzebol avatar image
rijzebol asked

150/70 Smart Solar alternating Absorption and Float led flashing

Not flashing simultaneously, but alternating. No explanation in manual. Two questions that I could find on here with no real answer posted.

Setting up trailer with full Victron system. Have been running MultiPlus for a month or so with no problems, running Venus on raspberry Pi. Just today got first solar panels installed on roof and wired in to 150/70 Smart Solar. Worked great for half the day, until I connected with Bluetooth through my phone on the connect app. Connected fine, then prompted to do firmware update, so proceeded. It updated fine, then seconds later prompted for another firmware update. This one will last a range of 2% completion to as high as 86%. Eventually I give up and go look at the MPPT and find the lights flashing alternately. I look in the manual, no explanation. I measure the voltage with multimeter, 56 volts coming from the panels (sun was going down by this point), 12.3v on output. Not charging, obviously.

I did updates on the 5 other 100/30 Smart Solar in the install, and they go just fine.

Anyone able to help?

MPPT SmartSolarfault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rijzebol avatar image
rijzebol answered ·

Through more searching, it seems this isn't a problem only with only the MPPT's, but more likely something to do with the latest firmware version in combination with the device used to update. The common fix is to just try a different device. Instead of using my Nokia, I used my cousin's Samsung. Worked wonderfully, and MPPT is currently unbricked.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

install the victron toolkit to your phone and then look up what the flashing leds mean. on your description it says bootloader active

so redo the firmware update on that mppt ,

1 comment
2 |3000

rijzebol avatar image rijzebol commented ·

Hi Paul. That doesn't tell me anything that I don't already know. It will not finish an update, So I can't just re-upload. This is the only problem. Have now tried about 50 times or more. Fails at anywhere between 1% and 93%. Is there a way to hook up with a laptop and do an update? Is this thing just bricked for some reason?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic