question

bernie-b avatar image
bernie-b asked

Historical values in VRM portal

Hello

I have just finished setting up my Multiplus 2 (5k) system with a 48V DIY Battery

I am running an up to date VenusOS and the current values from the energy meter are sent via MQTT from an external system (every second). On the Venus I am running a python script writing the values to the DBus.

The same is for the Solar inverter.

The current values also look fine - yet the historical data is totally wrong. I am not running a mining farm ;) - I am wondering if the VRM portal requires the L2 and L3 readings as well. I did not bother because I didn't see a reason.

The metering for the battery seems fine though - just the solar and power meter values are wrong.

2022-08-18_09-30-00.png

VRMVenus OSMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

a single phase is just fine, you don't need L2 and L3.

You may just use the wrong units / number formats.

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/dbus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bernie-b avatar image
bernie-b answered ·

So I have double checked that the units are correct (watt) and no wired floating-point issue happens. I all seems correct, yet the historical values for energy production and direct consumption are just plain wrong. Battery consumption is correct.

I use python to get them from the broker and write them to the dbus - so a number format issue could still be.

Venus os shows the values correct in the live view and so does the victron portal.

I'm a bit lost where else to look

2 |3000