question

diamond avatar image
diamond asked

Where do I enter the Grid Guard Code in a Quattro?

I have a Quattro, 48/8000/110-100/100 QUA488024000 (the right one for my country, Australia) which I'm trying to program for an off-grid installation using AC Coupling.
At present the Grid is set to None.
When I try to set it to Australia I get the following error message:
"This Device is not equipped with internal interface protection!
So you cannot choose option:
Australia: AS/NZS 4777 2:2015"
With no option to enter the Grid Guard Code, in fact no other option than to accept.

What am I doing wrong?
I have the GGC (that it doesn't ask for)
Is there some way around this?
Is my unit malfunctioning?

Help please..!!!

Additional info:
It has been updated to the latest firmware.
It gave me the same error message before I updated it.
The system will be both AC & DC Coupled, using BYD batteries.

Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerac coupling
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

diamond avatar image diamond commented ·

Also,...
After the firmware update I reset the unit to factory settings.
At that time I got the 'warning' that if I set the grid I wouldn't be able to change it again.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

Hello Diamond,

in an offgrid installation you don't have to set a grid code. Further it's correct, you can't change it if once set (password needed).

I'd like to think that you don't have a grid which the quattro will be connected to? But you have an AC PV inverter which is smaller than 8kVA you want to connect to the AC Out of the quattro?

In that case you only have to install the "PV Inverter support" assistant. The grid code is only needed when the quattro is inverting while being connected to the grid, which would be the case in an ESS system.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:pv-inverter-support

regards,

porcini

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

diamond avatar image diamond commented ·

Hi Porcini

As mentioned, I do have the password (I presume you mean the Grid Guard Code?) but it doesn't ask for that at all.

Are you sure it doesn't need the grid set for AC Coupling?
On the system I run it does - it is set to Australia.
I'm setting up the Quattro for somewhere else.
Both with AC & DC coupled arrays, and both on the BYD batteries

I'll try it as you suggest - grid set to None, but with the PV Inverter Support Assistant - and install it on my system in place of my MultiGrids tomorrow for a test.

Cheers!

I'll get back on here and 'report' after it works or doesn't.

0 Likes 0 ·
diamond avatar image
diamond answered ·

It's working perfectly and has been stable with the SOC of the BYD at 100% for over an hour now. The AC Coupled inverter is ramped and I'm using the power for the PC I'm typing this response on.
Thanks again Porcini..!

1 comment
2 |3000

porcini avatar image porcini commented ·

Thank you for answering with a report. I'm glad to hear this :)

0 Likes 0 ·