question

pablosol2 avatar image
pablosol2 asked

ESS, batteries full, no pv feed in and still pulling from grid

Hi all,

I am running a Quattro + Cerbo with PV inverters AC-coupled on the output. ESS program with batteries fully charged and still pulling most of the power from the grid.

At night, when loads are low (around 500W) it pulls a lot of power from the grid, but if I engage a bigger load, it triggers battery consumption and stops getting energy from the grid. I just want to stop pulling power from the grid anytime I have energy stored in my batteries.

Any thoughts? Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@pablosol2 check what you have your Grid setpoint set to. If it is greater than 0w, then you'll always be pulling power from the grid. I have mine set to -20wto make sure I do not pull energy from the grid and allowing for fluctuations.

1660733343120.png

1660733343120.png (64.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pablosol2 avatar image pablosol2 commented ·
Thank you Jason, that is not the problem, I have it set at -20W too

I have just updated that parameter to -40W, let's see what happens tomorrow but I don't think it makes any difference. What is triggering the usage of the batteries is when I have a big load, I use to start the swimming pool at dusk and that makes the inverter start pulling from the battery, then I switch if off and keeps working fine.

0 Likes 0 ·