question

gergio avatar image
gergio asked

Temperature Compensation Input to Multiplus

Just purchased a new Multiplus 2000/80-50, 120 volt. Have spent a lot of time trying to figure out all the various settings that can be customized through the USB-MK3. Feel that I have an understanding of most things except for the temperature compensation.

I have just installed six 6 volt Trojan T-105 FLA batteries. Trojan recommends compensation at 5mV per 1degree C per cell. My batteries are wired series and parallel for a 12 volt system, essentially three 12 volt batteries. What I am not clear on is the calculation for determining what coefficient to enter into the Multiplus.

Since the system is 12 volt is the calculation: 5mV x 3 cells (6 volt battery) x 2 batteries (6 volt) = 30 mV to enter into the multiplus?

Or, is it 5mV x 3 cells x 6 batteries = 90mV.

With the default in the Multiplus set at 16.2mV/degree C both of my calculations are a long way from the default.

Any assistance/clarification much appreciated.

temperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Gergio

It works on the 12V, so 30mV over 6 cells. But don't forget the MINUS sign, or it will compensate the wrong way. So -30 mV/degC is what you want.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gergio avatar image
gergio answered ·

Thanks a lot for helping me out John. Last thing I wanted to do was damage these new batteries.

Cheers.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic