question

rns avatar image
rns asked

multi shunt on victron energy portal

I have two batteries each with a smartshunt. I would like to see both smartshunts on the victron energy portal and on my victron gx running on raspberry pi. How should I do this ?

I already configured both shunts to be visible but only one is showing in the energy diagram while the other is just below it just as a text box.

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

The portal is designed to handle one system at a time. By design each system would normally have one shunt so I think you may not be able to monitor 2 shunts.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Only one battery / shunt per system unfortunately....

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@rns

You can sort of on the VRM. It depends on your system. And if you have an inverter.

Set one to the main system monitor, (under system setup) then have the other one to appear on the mfd. Then both appear in the dashboard.

screenshot-20220812-080424.jpg

The only other way is two witdgets in the advanced on the VRM.

I have not tried it with no inverter.

2 |3000

rns avatar image
rns answered ·

I found the option to add the second battery as a seperate box but it would make it nicer if multipe shunts would be possible to show in the view. At this moment i have two batteries 15k each with their own shunt and will soon have multiple smartsolar inverters so expect I will have the same visualisation issue on that front. I think the inteface needs an upgrade to cope with multiple batteries and multiple inverters since more and more people are starting to add more and more components with the rising energy prices. Victron devices are super but the inteface needs an upgrade just like the options to configure everything via the app or vrm portal in an easy way.

1662142819270.png

1662142819270.png (55.6 KiB)
2 |3000