question

keevs5 avatar image
keevs5 asked

Multiplus in splitphase troubleshooting.

Need some troubleshooting help.

12v system. I have 2 - 3k Multiplus in split phase. Going to 6 100ah batteries.

Multipluses are wired to lynx distributor with 200amp MEGA fuses.

Something happened at 11:00am today. Rig sitting in garage so no solar coming through system. Started getting warning emails from Cerbo that “devices not detected”. Our batteries started a slow discharge at this time. Has been a steady 8-12 amp draw on them all day. Using multimeter found that the master multiplus mega fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse. multiplus is viewable on the cerbo but we are still discharging. When we unplug from shore power the rig goes dead.

Any thoughts or direction we should go?

TIA!

split phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Batteries are not happy? What batteries do you have?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

keevs5 avatar image keevs5 commented ·
6 100ah battleborn lithium
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ keevs5 commented ·

The fuse that blew, was that uo to the multiplus? Any idea why it blew?

200A is a bit small for one 12v 3000. I would have used a 250 or 250 there at least. Was it a fuse feeding one unit or both?

There is something discharging the batteries, but not the inverters I assume. (Have you tried in charger only mode) There is most likely have a short or break in the wiring somewhere.

It may be worth setting the system to stand alone and checking each unit function separately.

0 Likes 0 ·