question

Ben Johnson avatar image
Ben Johnson asked

Cyrix-Li-charge does it work without a BMS

Hi I’ve got some non custom lifepo cells which I want to charge with a foreign moot solar charge controller and wondered if it’s acts as a simple relay.

As in the manual it says it waits for the BMS before engaging disengaging. If it doesn’t then I’ll just use a SBP to handle the incoming solar charge rather than the Cyrix-li-charge. Also I can’t find any spec on its exact paras. It would be amazing if they made something that does both the charge and discharge In one unit controllable via Bluetooth, rather than having to have to stand alone SBP

battery chargingLithium BatteryCyrix Battery Combiner
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Riley avatar image Michael Riley commented ·

Have you also seen the 'Cyrix Combiner Kit' brochure/flier. It has some detail which may be additional. The 'title' is as per above if you search the Victron site if should come up.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Bennyj,
The Cyrix Li-charge needs a high signal on the BMS charge disconnect input.
Normally you would use the output from a BMS. But you van also use an other high signal.

best regards

Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Product page Cyrix Battery Combiner