question

techmuc avatar image
techmuc asked

Another Custom Energy Meter with IOBroker

Hi,

No real question - so if this is wrong here, please just move/delete.

There are already quite a lot of custom energy meter implementations (i.E. this , and countless others ), but I wasn't able to find one which is simply grabbing the required object-values from an IOBroker instance and passing it to venus/GX as an energy meter.

Big advantage is, that most of the smart home systems have an interface to iobroker --> This means we do not need a custom implementation for fronius (as the energy meter has a iobroker adapter), or senec (adapter) or kostal (adapter), shelly (adapter) etc... --> a pretty simple solution which should work in a lot of enviroments.

Get the code from: https://github.com/timostark/venus.dbus-iobroker-smartmeter --> Code is heavily copied from @oxident - so thanks a lot!

What to do to get it running?

1. Have existing installation of IO Broker
  2. Have the Phase Powers, Total Consumption bought and sold in IOBroker
  3. Follow the installation instructions described in github.

As I do not know current or voltage of the phases in my homesystem, I didn't add them to the repo. If anyone needs just let me know.

BR,

Timo

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
oxident avatar image
oxident answered ·

Very good work. What do you think about pushing it to a higher level?

I mean, maybe we could enhance it to be more flexible in terms of "what is measured" (grid, inverter, generator)?

Especially that point is a little bit unclear to me because my dbus-driver somehow always registers itself as an AC-Meter (even if thought it should mimic an inverter).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elko avatar image
elko answered ·

@techmuc

Hello, Nice to hear something directly related to iobroker.

I use your Disgovergy counter and have these readings at least via the adapter in ioBroker. With the driver you have already mentioned (victron_sdm630_bridge) , I transmit it to VenusOS via MQTT. It works fine, but I have the problem. As soon as the MQTT connection was briefly interrupted, the meter does not reconnect and the last value in VenusOS remains fixed. So my MP2 starts up slowly to compensate for this value. If I don't notice this early enough, the MP2 will drain my battery very quickly and I'll give away precious energy. Is this solved differently in this version? Best wishes

1 comment
2 |3000

techmuc avatar image techmuc commented ·

@elko the mqtt connection is handled by iobroker, not by the plugin. And the iobroker mqtt plug in seems to be very stable - at least I never had any issue with any instability in the last 4 months.

0 Likes 0 ·
bindpe avatar image
bindpe answered ·

Hallo

aktuell habe ich iobroker auf einen RPI laufen. Mit der „Smartmeterapp“ und einem IR Lesekopf lese ich meine „moderne Messeinrichtung“ aus.

Nun möchte ich diese Werte als Regelgrösse für das ESS - Nulleinspeisung hernehmen

Sozusagen auf einem 2ten RPI soll dann Venus laufen

Kann durch diese „App“ die Übertragung der Werte auch drahtgebunden (Ohne Router etc) erfolgen

Also die die beiden RPI sollen direkt verbunden werden, geht dass oder habe ich hier was falsch verstanden?

Oder besser noch gibt es eine Möglichkeit alles nur einen einen Raspberry laufen zu lassen sprich auslesen meines Smartmeter und Venus OS?

Danke

2 |3000

Related Resources