question

fadi-lab avatar image
fadi-lab asked

Fake High temperature Alarm Quattro 10,000VA

Hello,

when I turned ON the AC input 1 or AC input 2 in my Quattro 10Kva, the red light " high-temperature warning " blinked, but this warning is fake and the Inverter is cold and working well.

- this fake warning appears only when the battery is full or between 97 to 99 %, if the batteries need to charge from the Quattro no problem, and no warning appears.

Cerbo Version 2.89, Quattro V497, Smartshunt V4.08, ESS mode.

If the Power from AC1 or AC2 is used for Load or to charge the batteries, no warning light, and no problem. but if the batteries are full and have low load consumption this is the problem. In ESS mode, the "Keep batteries charged " option creat to many fake high temp alarms, but "Optimized without BatteryLife" with minimum SOC = 90 to 95% is ok and working without Warnings.

batteries used : SUNLIGHT RES- 6 -SOPZsS - 965 A

Any Help Please?

Regards

ch.jpg

Temperature Alarm
ch.jpg (86.2 KiB)
general.jpg (73.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
fadi-lab avatar image
fadi-lab answered ·

some updates about my problem :

when the load decrease from approx. 5000 w to 1000w or increase from 2000w to 4000w rapidly, at this moment the Red LED flashes for a few seconds and the High-temperature Alarm appears.

I think the problem is from the PTC or NTC inside the 2 transformers , these sensors send the wrong value when the load power change rapidly.

What type of temp sensor is used inside the 2 transformers in Quattro 10,000va?

Is it PTC or NTC?

Any help please ?

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kw4np avatar image kw4np commented ·

I'm not sure if this helps, but I'm having this issue as well. Interestingly, it went away after the first few minutes of operation but has come back at times. I took this unit apart to make a repair, and another user mentions that the ribbon cable under the upper front panel might be loose. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/110855/new-quattro-15kva-shows-temperatur-alarm-led-witho.html

0 Likes 0 ·
fadi-lab avatar image fadi-lab kw4np commented ·
thank for your help , I will check all the connectors on the Board
0 Likes 0 ·
kw4np avatar image kw4np fadi-lab commented ·
Have not been able to confirm yet, but it seems to be related to the two small connectors on the top right of the board that has the lights/switch (at least in the 8kVA). My sensors measure 48 and 52 ohms cool and when disconnected they cause the alarm. Occasionally they seem to glitch, even in passthru mode with no load.
1 Like 1 ·
thanks for your help dear.

Yes, the same in my Quattro, when i disconnect these 2 sensors its causes an alarm. i can't try now because I'm so far from the inverter.

if the inverter is heated and working for some time, does the 48 and 52-ohms value decrease or increase ? do you know at which sensor value the cooling fan starts?

my idea is to put 2 potentiometers in these connectors and set the ohms value compatible to start the cooling fan all time. and leave it for 24 hours and check if any warning will appear.

maybe the cables of these sensors touch some parts and create an electromagnetic surge interference! i dont know

Best regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
kw4np avatar image kw4np fadi-lab commented ·

@fadi_lab ,

Thanks for your observations. I have not seen a major change in these values and don't want to modify my inverter as it is almost new. However, I'm not hearing back from Victron and need a solution. The Quattro remote temperature probes are actually digital it seems and I wonder if they are using the same chip (LM335Z?) inside the Quattro. If you try using a potentiometer please let me know how that goes.

I definitely suspect EMF interference as the temperature warnings have been noted to correlate with rapid current swings. If it's a digital sensor this is probably even more of an issue. I hope @Victron can find a solution for this issue.

1 Like 1 ·

Hello ,

About LM355z used for Cerbo and Quattro, yes y r right, it's digital.

I think the transformer inside the Quattro is not digital because the 2 wires on the white connectors are the same colors, without polarity!

quattro-temp.jpg

if we can find the reference of the IC on the board, maybe we can know the type of these sensors.

0 Likes 0 ·
quattro-temp.jpg (199.2 KiB)
fadi-lab avatar image fadi-lab fadi-lab commented ·
maybe y r right, the LM335 output is 10mV/deg K . when the transformer temp increase from 298 K ( = 25 deg C) to 325 deg K ( = 52 deg C ) the output should increase 270 mV = 0.27 V only
0 Likes 0 ·
ryanbland007 avatar image
ryanbland007 answered ·

Hi - any final conclusion on the high temp issue , what is /was the fix , im having the same issue and not finding any answers ? Some insight would be appreciated- thx

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic