question

polarseal avatar image
polarseal asked

Changing the charge profile of older victron multiplus compact.

hi,

I have an older victron multiplus compact the board number is 1806132 hex. I'm trying to update or change the charge profile to accommodate lithium batteries. today i tried to connect the cable going in to the phoenix control panel to a MK3 to USB and then to my computer and the configure software. this was not working and did not direct the inverter/charger.

Does anyone have any idea on how to make this work or if it is even possible?

thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

This (older) model is unfortunate not able to receive a firmware update. This is possible from firmware 19xxyyy.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

Basically, any older inverter/ chargers with a Pheonix logo on the front will only communicate with a Mk2 usb, not a Mk3. Can you borrow an older model Mk2 usb?

2 |3000

andre avatar image
andre answered ·

It is relatively inexpensive to change the board on older Multi's to the current version.

2 |3000