question

miller-giad avatar image
miller-giad asked

Blue Smart IP65 15A Bulk to Absorption

Hi Everyone, I have the Blue Smart IP65 15A Charger connected up to my 200Ah Lithium Batteries. I am using the standard Li-Ion profile. I have checked that the charger is outputting 14.2V when I disconnect it from the battery but when connected, the charging/battery volts are showing only 13.6V and I'm pretty sure the battery is nearly full as per the Smart Shunt. It has been on 15A Bulk charge for nearly 4 hours today so far (60Amps input and was showing 88% SOC before that) and is still going along in Bulk at only 13.63V now. The absorption setting is 14.2V so I can't see it ever getting to the switch over point. Is this simply normal behaviour and it seems the batteries were a lot more discharged than I thought or is it possible that the charger is not outputting enough power to actually charge the batteries?

Thank you.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Chances are that the batteries were more discharged than you thought and that the shunt showed wrong state of charge, with because of drift - not synchronised recently, or settings wrong, or loads that the shunt doesn't see due to installation errors. If there's a low drain on the battery, thatay also be ignored.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.