question

sunnycoastgreg avatar image
sunnycoastgreg asked

bluetooth data advert : smart battery

new bluetooth data advertisement for VRM

excellent feature,

however im confused by one of the “measurements”

in the below snapshot, i get it that the left is “highest battery voltage” and right is “lowest battery voltage” … but what the heck is the measuremen in the center?

i was kinda expecting it to be “delta voltage” .. between highest and lowest? clearly not.

it kinda looks like some sort of average? however average is hardly useful in this context (IMHO)

85d73786-d890-490b-9c2d-f46a2fc0ddb8.jpeg

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@sunnycoastgreg

It is the average cell voltage.

No idea why it is not showing for you. Should look like this:

img-5163.png

img-5163.png (595.3 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sunnycoastgreg avatar image sunnycoastgreg commented ·

thanks for response.

indeed the first line of text is missing for each of the batteries …
For reference
im using an IPAD Pro. IOS 15.6
and viewing the application in landscape mode.

however i also tried using my android phone with updated VRM application..

and its displaying the same as IPAD (no text line above the symbols)

also to note i have BMS with broadcast enabled, a pic below…. is this also missing text?

b830b4c8-f73d-4708-8564-aba0b80feab0.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sunnycoastgreg commented ·
I can confirm that it is not showing on an iPad Pro. Never tried this before. I'l pass that on to the developers.

Yes, it's missing the text also for the Lynx Smart BMS and all other compatible devices.

Can't speak for Android, but it is working on iPhone and MacBook Pro as intended.

0 Likes 0 ·
sunnycoastgreg avatar image sunnycoastgreg commented ·

@Stefanie

updated android app, restarted and now see there is an “expand” symbol that enables the top line of text. - all good (for android)

… but no such option on the IOS version?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sunnycoastgreg commented ·

The trick for the MacBook is resizing the VC window until the expand icon appears, then expand and resize again. Now it remembers the headlines even after a restart.

Unfortunately this is not possible with the iPad. There are rumours saying that resize window is coming with iOS 16 ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·