question

Talfan Stamps avatar image
Talfan Stamps asked

10kVA Low batt after setting cutoff voltage

I switched on the 10kVA quattro with 6x US3000C pylontech batteries at about 50% charge.

I later programmed the charger tab, 52V bulk, 51V float, 46V cutoff (AS NORMAL, according to the other 30 odd installs I've done with Pylon)

Soon as I sent the settings and they installed, inverter won't switch on. "LOW BATT"

Voltage was 49.5V

I had to change batteries to switch on again and set low cutoff to 44V, problem "solved".

But not solved. Because Pylon needs load switched off at 46V absolute minimum.

Inverter firmware at 481.

Had the same problem with same Pylon batteries on Multiplus II 5kVA, but the low battery error was constantly showing on its previous set of Trojan sealed floodeds (I believe this inverter to be faulty...) and it would not switch on in first place, before even setting cutoff of 46V. Trojans would have been 37 to 43, somewhere there..

low battery warning
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Talfan Stamps

You mention the cut off voltage. What is the system restart voltage?

0 Likes 0 ·
Talfan Stamps avatar image Talfan Stamps Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It switched on no problem with defaults settings: 37.5V cutoff and 43V restart.

My normal settings for every pylontech I do on Victron is cutoff 46V, restart 50V, which has traditionally been the minimum restart value, until Victron gave us the option of 1V higher, being more suited to lithium, where now I will generally set cutoff at 46V and restart at 48V. To make this particular inverter work I had to set cutoff at 44V and restart at 47V.

I've just reviewed Victron recommendations which are 44V cutoff and 48V restart, so I am satisfied that I'm not going to break anything. It's just strange that I have never had this issue before.

Thanks, Alex ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Talfan Stamps avatar image
Talfan Stamps answered ·

Answer: Pylontech cutoff at 44V and restart at 48V as recommended by Victron, works. Why the sudden change though, am not sure, but it is version 481 firmware, which I have not used on previous inverters, so perhaps this is the reason.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic