question

fpomeisl avatar image
fpomeisl asked

Does Cerbo GX handle multiple independent (non-parallel) inverters?

I would like to connect two independent 24/3000 Phoenix Inverter Smart to the same Cerbo GX module. Both inverters would be connected to a Lynx Distributor, so they would use the same battery bank, but their AC outputs would be independent as Phoenix 24/3000 does not support the parallel mode.

Can I connect them to the same Cerbo GX without any trouble?faca6758-f18c-412a-a49c-b0fa40800916.jpeg

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

We have done this with Quattros so I assume you can….. We connected one through the normal VE.bus and the other connected via a MK3 adapter to a USB port.

We could adjust and see both Quattros so I assume the same would happen with the Phoenix.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fpomeisl avatar image fpomeisl commented ·

Thank you for your fast reply with your experience.

You wrote Multiplus, but they are Phoenix 24/3000 inverters. Does it count?

Basically I thought I can connect both of them via VE.Direct. Could you tell me why Cerbo GX does not support two inverters with VE.Direct, why one of them supposed to be connected with MK3 adapter?

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird fpomeisl commented ·
Hello @fpomeisl , I edited the post after I read it again. In our case the Quattro does not have a VE.Direct interface ( I don’t think) so we used what we could to connect to the CerboGX. The Mk3 seemed to be the best way to do it. If you have VE.Direct on the Phoenix that would be a good way to connect them. I think the CerboGX software would recognise both units as it did with the Quattros.
0 Likes 0 ·