question

tony-boss avatar image
tony-boss asked

BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 bulk charging voltage

G'day,

I have a Bluesolar MPPT 150/70 that was previously charging four Rolls S600 batteries in a 24 volt configuration. I have changed to four Trojan L-16h-AC batteries in the same configuration. Trojan specifies a bulk charge voltage of 29 volt at 25 degrees C. The MPPT 150/70 will not go above 28.8v on bulk. I have adjusted the absorption voltage to 29.4 volt. The extra 0.4 volt is to compensate for the measured voltage drop between the charge controller and the battery.

Question: How do I adjust the Bulk voltage on a BlueSolar MPPT 150/70?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The Absobprion voltage is the Bulk

it will stay in Bulk until it reaches that setting of 29.4 and then switch to Absorbstion. and hold that voltage for the set time period

(subgect to there being enough solar power to do that)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tony-boss avatar image tony-boss commented ·

G'day Paul,

The MPPT 150/70 holds at 28.8 volts. When it goes to absorption both the LCD indicators (Bulk and Absorption) are on. The voltage then iincreases to 29.4 volts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Also for future referance you can edit a post once you have posted and also a coment if required, so you do not need to make a secound posting

2 |3000