question

jmv avatar image
jmv asked

VE.Bus BMS red led on

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my Li batteries with 2 x Smart Lithium Batteries 24V x 200Ah..

The 3 phase system equiped with Quattro multiplus works well but, since a few days, the red led on the VE;Bus BMS black box connected to the batteries remains permanently on.

This indicator indicates normally a température problem or cell excess voltage.

I have checked battery parameters with the blue tooth connection. Cells are balanced at 3.32 /3.33 volts and the température read is 25°C / 26°C.

This led indication seems erroneous.

Is there a way to reset this Led parameter ?

Thanks for your help.

JMV

BMSVE.Busled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

if the red light is on then yes it indicates hi cell or temp

to test the VE.bms loop the cable between the two silver 3 pin plugs on the bottom of the VE.bms and see if the light goes out.

if it does

then just connect one battery to the bms and then the other.

you will then identify what item has the issue. and work from there.

ie

its a connected plug issue.

its a broken cable

its a falty Ve.bms unit.

its a faulty battery

etc etc

Note there is NO reset. somthing is wrong

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jmv avatar image
jmv answered ·

Hello,

thanks for your feedback.

When I disconnect this 3 pins connector, the system goes in safety mode to protect the Li batteries: the invertors stop immediately running because the batteries and the solar panels are automatically disconnected from the invertors. (3 phases system with 3 Multiplus 5000VA operating in stand alone mode with the grid not permanently connected. The grid is used as an external generator which is triggered when the SOC of the batteries is lower than a pre defined value or power consummed on one phase is higher than 4 KW).

Through the console , is there a way disconnecting temporarely the BMS from the invertors so that when unplugging this cable, the batteries are not switching in savefty mode and the system continues delivering power?

Best regards,

JM

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is VE.Bus?

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic