question

agriengineer avatar image
agriengineer asked

ET112 not showing up

**Edit

So, after tearing my hair out, I decided to run a Cat 5 cable around 60 meters and connected it to the multi through the victron RS485 to USB lead.

I now have the TX/RX flasing on both the ET112 and the RS485 adpter, not continuously but in bursts, pause for a second, then another burst.

However....Still nothing showing up in energy meters!! How can I try and identify whats causing it not to show?

Hi all,

Read as many posts as I can, but nothing has solved my issue.

I'm using a multiplus II GX and an ET112.

Connection between the two via Zigbee.

At first i've been tearing my hair out thinking the Zigbees were not connecting. However, I have plugged the Zigbee USB into my laptop and it connected to the ET112 straight away using the UCS program.

Still won't show up on energy meters.

What else can I check?

Thanks in advance

Energy Meter
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

agriengineer avatar image agriengineer lifeingalicia commented ·
Unfortunately I almost know this document by heart, it's all done as instructed
0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
agriengineer avatar image
agriengineer answered ·

So, after tearing my hair out, I decided to run a Cat 5 cable around 60 meters and connected it to the multi through the victron RS485 to USB lead.

I now have the TX/RX flasing on both the ET112 and the RS485 adpter, not continuously but in bursts, pause for a second, then another burst.

However....Still nothing showing up in energy meters!! How can I try and identify whats causing it not to show?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sales-1 avatar image
sales-1 answered ·

I have the same issue, still nothing, My cat 5 is only 15meter. Any updated info on this would help.

2 |3000

l81ker avatar image
l81ker answered ·

Other threads suggest 1, wait awhile and / or 2, reboot the GX device

let us know what resolves it

1 comment
2 |3000

netrange avatar image netrange commented ·

Don't use a Resistor on both Sides ... A termination is already build in ...

0 Likes 0 ·
l81ker avatar image
l81ker answered ·

possibly also login to the GX device and the Energy meter (Grid Meter) should show immediately.

1661111128468.png

• Navigate to e.g. Settings-ESS-Grid Meter Installed and "Flip" the Button on so it doesn't use the internal metering

1661111040375.png

1661111040375.png (97.2 KiB)
1661111128468.png (81.8 KiB)
2 |3000

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

From what you have described the ET112 is working, the Zigbees connect and the RS485 to USB seems to be doing something? So, by elimination it sounds like the Venus (inside the Multi GX) is not seeing the meter. I guess you have done a soft Reboot through the Console>Settings>General and/or a complete power down of the Multi? Possibly a firmware update? (...I know I sound like the computer support guy that asks... Have you plugged in the power lead... but seriously no offence intended I can hear your frustration)
What I would suggest, possibilities:-
1) Although the Zigbee works to your laptop was that at a distance of 60m? From my experience of 2.4GHz connections(particularly through walls) they don't have as much range as you might think. So, they might be working but not over that extreme distance?
2) The hardwired option is possibly on the extreme of operation at 60m as I am sure you have checked point to point with a meter for continuity of wiring as detailed in the Victron documentation. It could even come down to a termination issue (120ohms or not?).

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

I would agree termination is a place to look.

AFAIR the ET112 manual says to connect the link to the termination resistor at the last or only meter, but I found this did not work and the Multi GX could not see it. My dealer said to disconnect it again, and it works OK without it.

2 |3000

steve-carter avatar image
steve-carter answered ·

Did you get a fix on this?

2 |3000

Related Resources