question

Joka GIMENEZ avatar image
Joka GIMENEZ asked

BMV712 and ve.bus smart dongle network compatibility?

Hi all!

I'm just wondering if having the VE.bus smart dongle and the BMV712 on the same network can cause issues?

I'm particularly concerned about having both communicating the voltage to the network... At least they read the same value!

Also, is there any way of receiving and displaying the temperature sent by the dongle on the BMV display?

Thanks for your help!

J.

BMV Battery MonitorVE.Smart NetworkVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

At this moment the VE bus smart dongle is not compatible with smart networking.

Maybe possible in the future..

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Joka GIMENEZ avatar image Joka GIMENEZ commented ·

Sorry to disagree, but my VE.bus smart dongle v1.11 IS connected to my VE.smart networking, and says "transmitting battery voltage and temperature sense".

I hope this function remains, as it will allow me to quickly check the starter battery voltage on the BMV monitor, while transmitting the temperature to my mppts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joka GIMENEZ avatar image
Joka GIMENEZ answered ·

Screenshot :

screenshot-20220729-001041.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Also, is there any way of receiving and displaying the temperature sent by the dongle on the BMV display?

Your OP was incorrect? You can receive VE bus temp data on the BMV?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual