question

nzmikec avatar image
nzmikec asked

VRM not updating but realtime is working

Hi All,

I have a raspberry pi running the Venus-large image. version v2.90~14

The issue im having is that VRM is very rarely updating. Records are also not retrospectively uploading.

Strangely however I get "realtime" data.

Settings are set to update every 1 minute. 2 way communication is enabled. There seem to be some errors with storage location and disk space. Pics of this attached.

The disk is not full as reported by DF -h in SSH.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Regards, Mike. screen-shot-2022-07-27-at-84626-pm.pngimg-0446.pngimg-0447.png

VRMRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

I know, it's old school, but have you re-booted the rPi? Seems like some network service is blocking, you have no connectivity and your file system is also not recognized.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nzmikec avatar image nzmikec commented ·

Hi, yep ive tried several reboots. I also tried to delete my VRM instance and set up a new one without success.

Also just tried the below.

root@raspberrypi2:~# /opt/victronenergy/swupdate-scripts/resize2fs.sh

resizing /dev/mmcblk0p2

resize2fs 1.45.7 (28-Jan-2021)

Filesystem at /dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted on /; on-line resizing required

old_desc_blocks = 1, new_desc_blocks = 1

The filesystem on /dev/mmcblk0p2 is now 1271259 (4k) blocks long.

This gave me lots more space on /dev/root going from 1gb to 3gb.

My df -h now looks like this

root@raspberrypi2:/# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 4.7G 960.9M 3.5G 21% /

devtmpfs 428.6M 4.0K 428.6M 0% /dev

tmpfs 461.1M 848.0K 460.2M 0% /run

tmpfs 461.1M 288.0K 460.8M 0% /var/volatile

/dev/mmcblk0p1 41.2M 21.8M 19.4M 53% /u-boot

/dev/mmcblk0p4 4.9G 26.4M 4.6G 1% /data

tmpfs 461.1M 848.0K 460.2M 0% /service

Unfortunately the problem still persists.

Im thinking I need to re-immage my pi. Problem is ive got a bit of work with custom drivers etc.

Thanks,

Mike.

0 Likes 0 ·
pvpax avatar image
pvpax answered ·

Had almost similar issues and also was about to delete the vrm instance.

Rebooting Venus OS did't help, in my case it was most likely a browser problem. Deleting VRM related cookies, page refresh and disabling/reenabling realtime updates did the trick.

1 comment
2 |3000

pvpax avatar image pvpax commented ·

Well, in the meantime realtime updates happened to stop working again. Further investigations point to CPU load, I monitor it with node-red-contrib-cpu: If I restrict VRM usage to one browsertab and close it early, CPU load of my raspi stays in the 15-20% range. When I leave multiple tabs open all the time, load goes above 40% at some point and realtime updates are abandomed and I have to reboot to bring them back.

0 Likes 0 ·
nzmikec avatar image
nzmikec answered ·

Thanks, yea I dont know what my issue ended up being, seemed to be a file system issue as Venus could not "see" the storage details on my settings page.

Ultimately I "fixed" this by buying a Cerbo - I wanted the tank inputs anyway.

Thanks for you reply!

2 |3000