question

gary bastin avatar image
gary bastin asked

Pylontech on 19 chipset multi with older mppts.

So my new pylontech up2500 arrived today..

Fitted them and now I'm getting GX error #48 with incompatible firmware error

My system comprises of:-

2 x multiplus 5kw 24v (19 chipset with v2.09 firmware)

5 x Ve Can mppts (150/70) firmware v2.89

Cerbo GX (Latest firmware)

Old mppts are on 250kbs ve can and pylontech batteries are on BMS can @500kbs

I have read on here that the older mppts are not supported, yet someone said that thiers were working fine on a cerbo, but would not work on my original CCGX as it only has 1 can bus.

Vrm says that DVCC is forced on (by pylontechs I assume) but I don't want to be seeing a big error message across my display all the time, I may get used to seeing it and miss an important one..

So I guess my question is... is it the mppts causing the issue, or is there a later firmware version I can run on the multis?

I did see a later version possibly.. but I only have a mk2 interface, and the firmware said it needs a mk3...

Already spent a lot of money on my system, now with new batteries and a cerbo.. really need to get to the bottom of this..

Anyone help ?

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Can
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Bazzo

By old how old are we talking?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I'm pretty sure that error is coming because of the MultiPlus:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html#UUID-137722ab-6d45-db8c-47f7-581403ef7d9a

Minimum VE.Bus Firmware is 422.

The MPPT firmware should be good.

All Victron VE.Can is 250kbit/s.

If the MPPT are the old ones in aluminum case like a mini MultiPlus than they are also not compatible

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gary bastin avatar image
gary bastin answered ·

Yes it is the older mppts (like a mini multi) and inhave 5 of them. Someone on the pylontech forum has similar setup but with just 2 if them and he has no issues..

I've been told my 19 chipset can be updated tonthe latest 59209 firmware with a mk3.. but you don't think that will solve it ?

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
You are already on the latest version for the old CPU (209). DVCC needs at least 422, the current VE.Bus firmware is 497.

A 4XX firmware can't be installed on the old CPU.

0 Likes 0 ·
gary bastin avatar image gary bastin Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Hmm so the later version firmware 59209 wont go on? currently have 49209 ?

DVCC is available in the cerbo.. would have thought victron was clever enough to not show dvcc as an option if equipment doesnt support it..

DVCC says It currently says it is forced on.. so charging being controlled by pylontechs i would have thought?

everything seems to be working ok, apart from the warning

note.. on the pylontech community page, there is a guy that has this setup working ok.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ gary bastin commented ·

FW is only the last 3 digits.

http://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf

DVCC is ON at the GX device but your Multi and your MPPTs wont react to the the signals.
If the battery says to lower the charging current the Multi and the MPPTs keep charging and that can damage the battery.

btw: only one UP2500 is way to less for your system. It only has a recommended charge/discharge current of 56A.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual