question

mike-harrington avatar image
mike-harrington asked

Multiplus 24/3000 + MPPT 100/50

I have a system on my boat with two Multiplus systems that provide 240v to my inverter panel. I also have a couple of MPPT 100/50's that charge the batteries. PowerAssist works great when I limit the incoming power on the Multiplus, but what I'd like to do is to use all available solar power in place of the grid power when its available. Currently, once the batteries are topped off, the MPPTs back off because the batteries are charged, the Multiplus is using 100% grid power. How can I use that unused solar capacity and fill in the rest with the grid power?

Multiplus-IIMPPT Controllerssolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

southsideph avatar image
southsideph answered ·

If you are using Multiplus, you can use the virtual switch to ignore AC under a number of different conditions. I currently use Mutliplus in the camper to only use AC/Grid/Hookup when batteries are 20% SOC. The rest of the time will only use solar/batteries. Just be carful to get your settings right. Make sure your inverter shutdown is a lower Udc than the AC ignore Udc.

Hope this helps a little

2 |3000

mike-harrington avatar image
mike-harrington answered ·

@snoobler , yes, I have a cerbo GX.

@SouthsidePH. Thanks for the pointer. I think I'm asking for something different. What I would like to:

• When my batteries are at 100%
  • When shore power (grid) is available
  • When solar is generating power
  • --> Use the solar power generated beyond my dc needs to reduce my use of grid AC

The problem that I see is two-fold:

1. How do I get the MPPT to generate the "extra" power? I think I can solve this.
  2. How do I get the Multiplus to use the "extra" power? The Multiplus doesn't look to the dc system to augment the ac load when the ac load isn't exceeding the AC Current Limit setting. I don't think I can solve this.

2 |3000