question

matt-b-1 avatar image
matt-b-1 asked

Trying to convert spec sheet into AGM charge profile

I have emailed DC Power twice and called them twice to no avail so please can someone help me understand how to translate the spec sheet for my battery into the correct settings for the Victron Blue Smart IP22 Charger.

The battery is a DC Power DCM-120-XFR (which is an AGM battery with a 120Ah (C100) capacity).

The spec sheet is linked to at:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0084/9369/5035/files/DCM-120-XFR.pdf?v=1637682971

I have attempted to translate the details but unsure of a few things so was wondering if the following is correct or not:

Absorption 14.4V

Float 13.65V

Storage 13.65V

Ideally I want the most optimal charge profile so that the batteries fully charge, while optimising their lifespan.

There are a few things I don't understand on the spec sheet, such as what CCA is, "cycle service" too, is this when the battery needs serving as I've never heard of AGM batteries needing to be serviced.

Are there any other settings I need to be aware of or should probably change in order to configure the charging to be the most optimal it can be?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Absorption/float are fine. They don't specify storage voltage, just the recharge frequency. If there is a storage option on your charger, leave it at the default.

CCA - Cold Cranking Amps - max current e.g. when used as a starter battery. This is for a few seconds only.

Cycle Service - normal use, not in storage/standby Equalisation - special charge cycle to balance the cells internally. Only needed for certain battery types. Not normally for AGM deep cycle. As not specified here, but bundled with normal use, not needed and should not be used on your charger.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.